Service. Price. Wellness. Choice. Transparency.
We are proud to offer a solution to these challenges through the Independent School Benefits Consortium (ISBC).
ISBC is a national platform with representatives located near you to deliver a full range of benefits services built on the foundation of:
- Service. A dedicated team of benefits professionals works with our carrier partners to support you and your staff in addressing all benefits-related issues.
- Price. The ISBC provides protection from the volatile group insurance marketplace while also rewarding good performance.
- Wellness. The ISBC is committed to wellness & healthy lifestyles programs. We have a health management team dedicated to serving and supporting the consortium.
- Choice. Each school has full flexibility of plan design to suit your specific employee benefit needs.
- Transparency. Real-time reporting will allow all ISBC schools to understand the financial picture of their health plan at any point in time, including fixed cost and claim utilization.
Oswald Companies was engaged by the Ohio Association of Independent Schools (OAIS) in 2003 to establish the OAIS Health Insurance Purchasing Program. The 24 founding member schools from Ohio joined together to provide a comprehensive employee benefits program that resulted in:
- Over $2 million overall premium savings in the first year (nearly 20%)
- Expanded plan offerings, and
- A dedicated, proactive service team
With the creation of the consortium, OAIS achieved its original goals: Choice, Price, and Service.
In 2006, as other schools learned of the program, and with direction from the OAIS Steering Committee, Oswald explored the opportunity to expand the program beyond Ohio. The result was a new insurance carrier partnership with UnitedHealthcare (UHC) and the ability to expand school participation to other states with the support Assurex Global broker-partners. Assuex Global is network of independently owned brokerage & consulting firms located throughout the U.S. and the world.
Since July of 2006, the ISBC has grown to over 55 schools in multiple states. The advantage of expansion has been realized through continued volume and leverage with our business partners to maintain the most competitive healthcare solution for ISBC members.
In addition to the health plan the ISBC provides a full range of service for faculty & staff that includes:
- Employee communications (on-line or paper)
- Individualized benefit strategy and consulting
- Human resources compliance support and health care reform (ACA) updates
- Technology resources
- Customized health management coordination
With the leadership of the Steering Committee and strategic partnerships with Oswald Companies and its partners, the ISBC has grown and will continue to evolve to meet the challenges facing independent schools employee benefits needs. Our ability to identify risk, provide financial leverage and pro-actively promote wellness on an aggregate basis will allow the ISBC to ultimately mitigate the cost of your health insurance program.